Sending POS voucher codes from SwiftPOS
This article contains information for customers who have an active SwiftPOS integration, and wish to send Point of Sale (POS) Vouchers which can be redeemed in-store at the POS.
Before You Start
This guide assumes you have activated and installed:
- A SwiftPOS Integration
- The Vouchers and Offers app
To send a SwiftPOS offer to your members, you must create a new offer, with some information from your POS.
Find Offers in SwiftPOS
You need to obtain some information from your SwiftPOS system before you can send vouchers to your members.
SwiftPOS Voucher ID
Consult with your SwiftPOS system administrator on where to find this depending on your version of SwiftPOS. In the screenshot below, the offer name and ID is displayed in a SwiftPOS instance.
Screenshot of offers in a SwiftPOS console
SwiftPOS Voucher Prefix
Check with your SwiftPOS system administrator for any voucher prefixes you may need to use. Voucher prefixes are used by SwiftPOS to denote when a barcode should be scanned as a product or a discount.
Create a new offer
Once you have the information above, you can then use the Vouchers and Offers app.
To create an offer which will send barcodes to your SwiftPOS members, hover over the "Apps" link and select "Vouchers".
Then, click on the "+" button to add a new offer.
- Provide a name and description of your offer. This is for internal purposes only to make it easier for you to understand the details of each offer.
- Where prompted for the External ID, enter "swiftpos_xx" replacing xx with the ID provided by SwiftPOS.
If your SwiftPOS Offer has an ID of 21, enter swiftpos_21 in this box
- Enter the barcode prefix as specified by your SwiftPOS administrator
Example offer being created
Click the create button to save your Offer. You do not need to upload any vouchers to our system, these will be generated when sending messages to your members.
Important things to note
- Please ensure that you set the external ID with a prefix of "swiftpos_" to ensure your offer is recognised correctly.
- When inserting a SwiftPOS voucher to a campaign, only contacts who are SwiftPOS members are valid recipients for the campaign. Any recipients who are not members will be blocked from receiving the campaign.
- Test messages will not generate vouchers in the POS and may not scan at the POS.
Sending out personalised offers to customers
The platform provides you with the ability to send out personalised offers & vouchers to your users. Offers can be redeemed directly a point-of-sale, through your mobile app, on your website or any other redemption method available to you. Each user ...
Getting Started Guide
Welcome. Thank you for choosing the smart yet simple solution to your online marketing needs. This marketing platform is your one stop shop for growing, consolidating, managing and speaking to contacts. Businesses have many different types of ...
Searching Your Contacts
To make searching your contacts easy, we utilise a Key/Value method of search. This allows for searching not only through the values of contact fields but, you can also search data captured through other modules of the platform including third-party ...
Bookings: Collins / Design My Night
Collins / Design My Night is a widely used Reservation platform. The integration will capture contact & booking data directly into your account. This data will be available for sending marketing campaigns and can also be used to trigger automation ...
Understanding Campaign Statistics
Before you look at your campaign results you should have an understanding of what the metrics are. Once you know what each area is, you will be able to gauge how well your campaign has performed. You will also glean additional insight on your ...